Monday, February 14, 2011

Busy Week

Well I sure hope the movie is better than the book. Actually I can't believe I'm saying this. I always maintain that a book is better than any movie adaptation. However we're talking about Doctor Zhivago here - the book I was determined to finish but caved after 300 pages. I just couldn't go on after I read a paragraph with 7 different names and I only recognized one of them! Finally decided to stop the pain as I have lots of better things to do with my time than try to figure out the multitude of characters and meandering descriptions (with a little bit of plot) of this plodding Russian novel. Will try the movie (on the big screen) on Wednesday. Beth seems reluctant but I'll drag her along anyway.
A good week for music. Saw Classic Albums Live perform "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" with the KW Symphony Orchestra on Wednesday (with Josh, David and Rachel). Great songs performed well, the live orchestra making it special. Amazing how many great Beatles tunes are out there, and how well they stand up after all these years.
Thursday I led the study at our home church group again and we had some good discussions on Ephesians 3.
Friday we saw the Steve Bell Band in Cambridge (with Beth's boss and husband) and they are fantastic players. Especially loved the additions made by his 23-year old guitarist Joey Landredth. Steve asked if there were any Pierce Pettis fans out there and I was the only one to raise my hand (so he dedicated the song to me;)). More people need to hear his music.
Saturday we went to a Marriage Encounter dinner at our old church. It was great to connect with some of our friends there.
Sunday there was a his & hers shower at church for the assistant pastor and his wife, and new baby.
So yeah there's pretty much been something every day of the week. Kinda busy but good. One of the lessons out of our study this week is how we've been created for community so connecting with folks is an important thing.

1 comment:

Daniel Is Thinking said...

Hope you found the movie Dr. Z. better than the book. I certainly enjoyed the movie. Saw it at least twice and would watch it again.
As I read your last two blogs (Keep informing us on FB) I was struck by the grace of God evident in your life. You are truly blessed with family, music, goals, and time for enjoyment and serving others.
May the Lord continue to bless you.